Thursday, May 10, 2012

Metal surprises

2012-05-08 18:10:54 +0000 by janellcl
2012-05-08 18:10:54 +0000, a photo by janellcl on Flickr.

Continuing my fun with simply made necklaces this week. This time I found two different grey matte necklaces and hooked them together to make the length I wanted. From there, I laid out all the various trinkets I have been accumulating over the last couple of months.

I especially love the glass/metal piece at the upper left in the photo. This is a two sided locket that you can put your own small pictures or graphics inside. The next two small dangling pieces are earring embellishments that a friend passed on to me. One is a green teardrop shop and the second is a circle with a purple teardrop hanging down. Lovely way to treasure a piece of jewely that has lost its mate.

I added a few other pieces and that was all I needed. I especially like the contrast in chains and the variety of items I hooked on. A few jump rings, a pliers and I was ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment