Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Almost Spring here

So today it feels like Spring. I know it's offical tomorrow but today it feels like Spring. The sun is out, the sky is blue and it's 42 degrees. Ah me...almost balmy!

I just found out that my Easter weekend will begin Thursday afternoon at noon. I think I'll plan lunch with Jeanne and my girl friends and then dive into work with my trusty Bernina sewing machine. I have all the pieces laid out for a new quilt/wall-hanging in the new Wizard fabrics. I think if I had the radio tuned to the right Oldies station I could just sit myself down and make it all happen. There is beauty in having everything laid out ready to go. I can plug in the iron, turn up the lights so there are no shadows, and I'm good to go. I'm planning to do some embroidery on this design but won't actually do that until the top is put together. That way it's easier to use a hoop for my hand stitching.

Hmmmm...I plan to sew Friday AND Saturday. I wonder how much I'll be able to get done??? Sounds like a fantastic weekend to me. And then the Easter bunny arrives...can't beat a chocolate feast, can you????

No comments:

Post a Comment