Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Garden and Too HOT

Ok-I'm sick of the heat already! Yesterday it was 94 degrees by 3 pm and today is no better. I know that I should be appreciating the early heat but I'm not going out of the air-conditioning any sooner than I have to. This morning I walked at 5:30 am and it was already 73 degrees!

Jeanne and her husband have a huge garden this year-even bigger than last year. The first 'fruits of their labor' are the basket of radishes that Dan picked this morning. Don't you love the thought of just going out to the garden and picking a salad??? They are blessed with enough land to plant whatever they want-not to be confused with the solitary tomato plant I have in a planter by my front door.

I think the July Sophie block of the month is almost ready for posting. Jeanne has been hard at work with her finishing touches-we think you'll love our girl when you see her! We are also working on a pattern using some great new National Non-woven felt. The perfect "back to school" gift for someone special. Keep watching-you'll see the design as we develop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment