Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hmmmm...is this a Yo Yo?

I attended a Tall Ship Festival last weekend in Green Bay. The Tall Ships are original or reconstructed versions of late 1700-late 1800 sailing vessels. It was wonderful to see 11 of them lined up at anchor in the bright summer sunshine. Unfortunately, it was 95 degrees with matching humidity so we all roasted while we admired them.

There were a few ladies dressed in period costumes walking along the marina showing off their style. I couldn't resist getting a quick up close photo of this charming hat with a white cockade complete with brooch. Do you think this could be an early version of a Yo Yo? It made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. I just happened upon your blog and Im so excited I did. I LOVE your quilts! I've always wanted to learn to make them. This is inspiring me to do that! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you found us! We have so much fun designing new things BUT it's all based on our love of all things stitching. Hope you jump in and try something. We're here to help if you have any questions. Most of our designs are quick and simple to do-just what we all need in this busy world.

    ReplyDelete