Sunday, February 27, 2011

Art journaling


2011-02-26 15:00:19 +0000
Originally uploaded by janellcl
In spite of all the unfinished projects that sit waiting for me in my sewing room, I found another great project to begin! Four days up north with Jerry was the perfect setting to try my hand at making a scrapbook. I bought a kit for a journal at the local Archiver's store, made sure I had everything that I thought I would need, and sat down in the Great Room by the fireplace while it snowed outside.

What fun! I only got glue on my pants once and didn't cut myself even once. I started with a small photo album-I printed a handful of photos ahead of time so I would have some to embellish and put in. Turned out cute and was fun to figure it all out.

Then on the to the journal project. That involved making your own book and embellishing every page. I made pockets, attached a glassene pocket, and cut out little motifs to my heart's delight. What fun! I didn't bring any photos for this journal so did all the prep and now will have the fun of deciding what should go in it.

I think this will be a good addition of my list of crafts. I may take photos of the steps to finish my next quilt and use this type of journal as a way to capture what went into it's design and execution. Fun and productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment