Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Multi-media Prayer Flags in the Garden

2011-07-04 18:00:50 +0000 by janellcl
2011-07-04 18:00:50 +0000, a photo by janellcl on Flickr.

I spent some time this weekend playing in my sewing room. I've been reading about prayer flags-or wish flags- made out of whatever you have around you. So I decided to try to make one and have fallen in love with this project!

All you need is an 5" X 11" piece of left over fabric-muslin or cotton or whatever. Fold over one end 3 inches and sew in place so it is 5 X 8 and you can thread cord or twine through the opening. Then look around you and start creating!

I chose one word for each-my Home flag has left over fabric from the Wizard of Oz fabric line, rick rack, buttons and a yo yo sewn on. I wrote HOME in big letters using some acryclic paint-markers would work too. Then take a piece of cord/twine and go tie it to a tree, trellis, whatever. Every time the wind blows the thought goes with it! What a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment