Sunday, April 22, 2012

New project combining new and old

  by janellcl
, a photo by janellcl on Flickr.

Old linen, scraps of bright fabrics from projects I've forgotten about, yo yo's made sometime, stitching and beads. Perfect way to spark my creativity.

I pulled out all the pieces Sunday evening before I finished packing for 3 days in Atlanta. Obviously, I had more than I needed to keep me busy if I got stuck somewhere at the airport. Being the crazy road warrior that I am, I was more worried about what to bring to keep me occupied than comfortable shoes...silly me!

I laid the golden linen out, placed circles of fabric that had never turned into yo yo's and stitched them down using whatever thread struck my fancy. I layered yo yo's on top and stitched them in place with beads. Now I am making strings of beads over the whole thing. The only thing hindering me is if the needle makes it through the bead!

What have you made pulling old scraps and pieces of projects together?

No comments:

Post a Comment