Monday, February 23, 2009

New week

It was a good weekend. Met with Jeanne on Sunday and spent time putting the Sophie wall-hanging together. It's always amazing how just changing one 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" square from polka dots to stars can make a significant difference in how a block looks. I'm really pleased with the pattern so far. The red and white version looks charming-I can't wait to try the same thing in the brighter colors we have selected. I think the block for March will include an entire block layout so everyone can see where we're going. Fun!



I'm also spending quite a bit of time hand-quilting a project that I've been working on for 6 years now. It's a king-size Bowtie Block quilt made from 1930 reproduction fabrics. I made all the blocks 5-6 years ago. Then had some girlfriends baste the thing and THEN realized how long it would take me to hand quilt it. Oh my....every winter since I drag the thing out and try to do some more. I have to admit that this winter I have made more progress than usual. I think it is because I have finally realized that if I don't just finish it, I may never get it done. So 2009 may be the year of the Bowtie Quilt. I'll keep you posted!



Time to get ready to join a girlfriend for Mexican food for dinner! Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment