Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mid month and a reality check

I'm not sure if it is because we are mid-October and I'm starting to panic about getting Christmas presents finished, or what! But I finally admitted that I need help with projects. Jeanne and I hurried to design a new set of placemates and we have had a riot picking out fabrics, floss, and doing the stitching. They look great! (No-you can't see them quite yet!)

But they need to be machine stitched now and I really don't know what I'm going with that. I am the one that loves hand quilting, remember? I'm the one that can hand quilt a king size Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt, after hand piecing all the hexagons for a year. I think my issue is that I have never really sat next to someone who knows what to do and why. I get tense just thinking of it.

So yesterday we met with a good quilting buddy and I asked for help. The response was "Sure". We are leaving the design up to her and she can do what she wants. I'll add the bindings and we'll be ready for sharing then. What a relief. And we'll be trading some fabric for her time-good for everyone.

What part of quilting are you not really comfortable doing??? Time to admit you may need help-it's not a crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment