Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10 and Fall Harvest

Funny to think about these numbers. Just think we can only have two more -11/11/11 and 12/12/12 and then it's all over-I think. That kind of higher thinking is sometimes beyond me.

We have been enjoying glorious Fall weather with blue skies and lots of sun. Perfect for walking through leaves and watching the trees turn. But that also means that we're trying to dig through the back of closets and pull out all those long sleeve tops and sweaters that we stuck away in a hurry when Spring hit. And that leads to pulling out the winter quilts and checking things over.

I put a flannel quilt at the bottom of the bed last week when one night the temperature was supposed to be under 40 degrees. It looks great against the lighter colored quilt that I use during summer. It's a simple quilt of 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 squares sewn together with a greyish 3 inch border and it backed with off white and blue ticking also in flannel. It's a mish mash of flannel squares all mixed up and then I hand stitched in the ditch around each one.

I also put one of our Fall Harvest wall hangings over the living room couch. All the burnt oranges, dark greens and muted steel blues look great with my dark green couch. I'll show you later when I can find the card for my digital camera.

How do you make the change of seasons in your home decorating???

No comments:

Post a Comment