Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Decorations going up!

Coaster designs 6 by janellcl
Coaster designs 6, a photo by janellcl on Flickr.

Every year it's special to open and unwrap the Christmas decorations. Even if family circumstances have changed and there are new stresses in daily life, the memories associated with the little ornaments and decorations come flooding back-both happy and sad.

I remember that I bought this little shepherd/angel while on a business trip to Nashville. I was with a business associate visiting stores and found the display of Fontanini creches. We were both cranky because we thought we'd miss our flight because of bad weather in both Nashville and home in Wisconsin.

I had found the larger angel statue quite a few years back. When I saw this little angel holding the lamb I knew he had to join my display.

So every year I unwrap these two angels and remember shopping in Nashville, wanting to be home-not traveling on business, finding this little angel in a creche scene and knowing that he would fit into my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment