Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Tree wall-hanging and Project Perfection

Christmas Tree wall-hanging by janellcl
Christmas Tree wall-hanging, a photo by janellcl on Flickr.

Playing around with Christmas fabrics that were stuffed away for 'next year'. These are so happy and whimsical! Perfect for a little Christmas tree wall-hanging. I drew a simple tree outline on my fabric and free-motion stitched it with variegated thread and a fancy stitch. Then added strings of bead lights! The star isn't finished but it will by soon. Just in time to hang in the kitchen for Christmas Eve.

Sometimes I worry too much about the perfect design or perfect stitch. Because of that I don't always even start a project. Confident that I'll do something wrong or 'waste' the fabric. Lately I've been much more willing to just start and see where I end up. Nothing in my stash is really so precious that I need to worry about destroying it.

Do you have project perfection anxiety???? Let's make a New Year's resolution to just dare to start that new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment