Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New projects

I've been working on perfecting my ability to crochet with wire since I took a class in Clearwater, Florida.  I enjoyed everything I discovered at Island Cove Bead Shop-bead selection, owners, gifts, and classes. What fun! I don't claim to have perfected this yet but I am sure having fun making bracelets.  I've experimented with three different sizes of wire gauge and think my favorite is 28 gauge.

So far I've been making three different versions of this bracelet-and I keep liking them all. At first I used  regular clasps for closure. But lately I've been using magnet closures and really like them. It's much easier to quickly put a bracelet on with the magnets when there isn't anyone else around.  And I like the combination of the intricacy of the crochet stitches with this slightly heavier closure.



I also like the look of adding a larger stone to the middle of the bracelet. I think this makes a stronger statement-I want to wear every one of these!!

I plan to check out Island Cove Bead Shop's classes again when I return to the Clearwater area next February. Great shop and great people. Check out their Facebook page for news and a peak at their projects and original enamel pieces. I LOVE them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment