Saturday, April 18, 2009

Quilt Festival Report

Well, it's day 2 of Quilt Festival and we are ready for action. Yesterday saw us hand out all of our flyers by 3 pm. That means that we had seen 500 people in 5 hours! We were amazed by that many people on the first day of the Festival. Jeanne ran back to our hotel room-where we had set up a printer!- and started printing more flyers. We met some great people and they all were very excited to hear about Sophie and our block of the month concept. Everyone loved her wild, sassy look. We also got some great ideas for future stories about her.

Our new patterns-Button Faces, A Kind Woman, Jingle Bells Pillow, and all the yo yo patterns-were of interest and we sold quite a few. So far, we'd have to say it has been a great start.

Time for breakfast and then we hope to walk the floor for an hour and see what other folks have before we open again at 10. I'll be back later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Janell:

    It was great meeting you and I missed getting back to get some yo yo's so I might have to email you about buying some. Hope you did good and had tons of fun, I know I did. Altho I was a tad bit disappointed that I didn't get back to some of the booths (yours included) to pick up things I wanted to get. I wanted to make it back to the booth that had all the Australian Magazines too but never got back there either. Anyway, Nice to meet you and put faces with names and typing styles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just email me what you'd like Jeanne and I can get it sent off to you right away! We made it home after the show around 8:30 p.m. We each had a chance to walk the floor and see the sights but missed seeing the exhibit quilts-there just never seems to be enough time! It was great to see your Sophie started on peach background fabric. I love the blonde hair!

    ReplyDelete