Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perfect Inspiration!

With all the snowing and blowing that is going on across our country, I hope everyone is snug and safe and STITCHING like mad. What a perfect excuse to sit on the couch and work on a new project while the blizzards of 2010 whip around. If you're stuck at home, let us know what you're working on please. The sun is shining this morning here in Wisconsin but it is only 9 degrees-that's a bit cold for me!

Jeanne is just as excited as I am to start on a new version of our Sophie girl. Take a look at the great colors of thread that I received Tuesday. I was very pleased that the mailman delivered them-you know that "neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor dark of night" promise does still work as far as mail delivery is concerned. I spent a very pleasurable hour last night going through my Aunt Grace 1930 reproduction fat quarters. I must have 300 all neatly washed, ironed, folded and sorted by color just waiting for the right project to come along. ( Ok-so I get a bit obsessed with my fat quarters. Jeanne just shakes her head but she knows that she shouldn't touch them without permission. I think it could be a big sister/little sister thing!)

These DMC colors are pushing me over the edge-Sophie in 1930's is right around the corner! I can tell what will be the inspiration for my next project!!

What's your favorite color scheme for stitching during winter? I find myself trying to use brights usually-always with a redwork twist, of course!

1 comment: