Monday, September 13, 2010

Straight lines

Spent most of Saturday working on the new project. Fun to see all the fabrics and pick between them for the best arrangement. I love projects that only take about an hour to put together. Then about an hour for the embroidery (or a bit longer if I'm watching a Packer Football game!), and you're ready to do the binding and finish it all. How sweet is that?

But, you knew there had to be a but, what is it with me and stitching a straight line? Even though I check before I start and make sure I know what a 1/4 inch seam allowance is and I pin the strips together, sometimes there is still a bowed effect. I know to try to cut consistently but STILL! Of course, Jeanne can spot a line that is not straight from across the room. Sigh...little sisters are a pain sometimes.

Do you have any tricks for me to improve my straight stitching of 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment