Sunday, December 30, 2007

Four days off

It is wonderful to have 4 days off at the end of the year. We had some great snow on Friday so everything looks nicely white. Once we got home from work it felt good to know we didn't have to really go anywhere for 4 days! I spent some time with Jeanne looking to the New Year. We are working on a quarterly calendar and trying to make our creative designing fit into a marketing schedule that will allow us to hit the bit Quilting Market dates. But, at the same time, try to figure out how to keep the creative juices flowing AND have fun with our stitching. Not an easy task I think!

As we don't really know what we SHOULD be working on yet, I decided to go through my unfinished projects and work on one of them. I chose a wallhanging called "Sprikng Flowers: from the book All Things Spring by Anne Cosgrove. The fabric is hand-dyed batiks by Starr Fabrics. I decided to quilt a simple grid on it using tan quilting thread. I hand appliqued the flowers on and button-hole stitched them with a variegated tan/brown thread. It will hang in my husband's studio when done. The colors are strong but the primitive flowers add a touch of whimsy. If the football playoff games are not too exciting, I should get it quilted in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment