Sunday, April 20, 2008

Winston's 4th Birthday-Airplane Quilt

Even though it doesn't have anything to do with redwork, or even embroidery, I have to share the birthday quilt I made for my grandson Winston. Winston was my birthday present 4 years ago as he was born on MY birthday. What a wonderful present he was! He is a real charm and a blessing to our family. As he has graduated to a "big boy" bed, he decided he needed to ask Grandma for an airplane quilt. Even though paper piecing isn't even close to being a favorite of mine, this pattern was delightful and I fell in love with all the bright fabrics as I picked them out. A dear quilting buddy, Lois Van Dien, did the machine quilting for me and it turned out great-stars and hearts all over the place. The birthday party is this week-don't you think every 54 year old woman needs a party with a "Horton Hears a Who" theme???

No comments:

Post a Comment